Understanding Periodic Automatic Replenishment (PAR) is vital in the hospitality industry. It refers to the ideal stock level of guest towels and sheets necessary to meet daily requirements without experiencing shortages.
Determining the PAR level involves several factors:
- Guest Occupancy Rates: This affects the demand for fresh linens, influencing your bulk towels and wholesale bedding needs.
- Frequency of Linen Changes: Regular changes in occupied rooms necessitate a more extensive stock of bedding and towels.
- Laundry Turnaround Time: This impacts your PAR level, primarily if you use external laundry services.
- Loss and Damage Rates: Estimating how often linens are damaged helps maintain adequate stock.
- Seasonal Variations: Certain times of the year might increase the demand for specific types of linens.
- Budgetary Considerations: While aiming for a high PAR is ideal, budget constraints may require a more measured approach.
- Special Events or Services: Additional linens might be needed for events or special services like spas.
- Historical Usage Data: Analyzing past usage trends can provide insights into future vacation rental supplies needs.
Typically, hotels and vacation rentals maintain a linen PAR level of three to five times the quantity required for a complete change of all rooms. For instance, if a complete change requires 100 sets of linens, a stock of 300 to 500 sets is maintained, establishing a practical range for your wholesale bedding and bulk towels inventory. This approach ensures you’re always prepared, regardless of occupancy fluctuations or unexpected demands.
Use the PAR calculator below to source all your vacation rental supplies.